Mumbai, India – June 20, 2023 – Leapswitch Networks, a global leader in cloud hosting and data center services, and Cloudflare, the preeminent cloud platform offering web security and performance solutions, today announced a landmark peering agreement with a capacity of 40 Gigabits at Leapswitch’s Mumbai DC1 and Mumbai DC2. This partnership heralds a significant enhancement in Internet connectivity, resilience, and security for businesses and consumers in India and the surrounding regions.
With an established network in over 20 data centers worldwide, Leapswitch Networks has been at the forefront of bare-metal cloud and data center services. Simultaneously, Cloudflare’s renowned web infrastructure and security services cover an impressive network spread across more than 300 cities globally. The peering agreement between these two technology leaders establishes a direct, high-capacity connection of their networks in Mumbai, resulting in substantial benefits.
Key Benefits of the Peering Include:
- Enhanced Performance: The 40G peering capacity means faster, more efficient data transfer. This direct interconnection will dramatically reduce latency, leading to faster load times for websites and applications hosted with Leapswitch Networks.
- Increased Resilience: High availability and redundancy are ensured through peering, allowing traffic to be re-routed through alternate paths in case of congestion or network outages, leading to uninterrupted service.
- Improved Security: Cloudflare’s robust security features will be in place to protect the network from DDoS attacks and other cyber threats, ensuring enhanced security for Leapswitch customers in a landscape of escalating cyber risks.
- Scalability: The high-capacity peering agreement allows rapid scaling of network infrastructure to accommodate the region’s growing demand.
- Cost Savings: By bypassing transit providers and establishing a direct, high-capacity interconnection, both Leapswitch and Cloudflare can reduce costs, potentially passing these savings on to customers.
- Local Traffic Optimization: This agreement improves the routing of local traffic within India, ensuring data meant for local users does not leave the country, contributing to data sovereignty.
- Global Connectivity: Through this peering, Leapswitch’s customers can access Cloudflare’s global network, expanding their reach to a broader audience and ensuring a seamless user experience worldwide.
“Leapswitch is dedicated to delivering world-class services to our clients. Our peering partnership with Cloudflare and this significant 40G peering capacity not only boost network performance and security but also mark a new chapter in the region’s Internet experience,” said Ishan Talathi, CEO of Leapswitch Networks.
The Leapswitch Networks and Cloudflare partnership symbolizes a significant step in improving India’s Internet infrastructure. With enhanced performance, security, and scalability facilitated by the 40G peering capacity, businesses and end-users can expect a more seamless and secure online experience.
About Leapswitch Networks: Leapswitch Networks is a global provider of cloud servers and data center services, helping businesses and individuals with a range of web solutions, including domain registration, shared hosting, cloud servers, and managed dedicated servers.
About Cloudflare: Cloudflare, Inc. is a US company that provides a content delivery network, DDoS mitigation, Internet security, and distributed domain name server services. Cloudflare’s services sit between the visitor and the Cloudflare user’s hosting provider, acting as a reverse proxy for websites.